Is analyze_new_cluster.sh still useful? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Is analyze_new_cluster.sh still useful?
Date
Re: Is analyze_new_cluster.sh still useful?  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Re: Is analyze_new_cluster.sh still useful?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

now that we have vacuumdb --all --analyze-in-stages in 9.4, wouldn't
it make sense to get rid of the analyze_new_cluster.sh file which
pg_upgrade writes? The net content is a single line which could as
well be printed by pg_upgrade itself. Instead of an lengthy
explanation how to invoke that manually, there should be a short note
and a pointer to some manual section. I think the chances of people
reading that would even be increased.

Similary, I don't really see the usefulness of delete_old_cluster.sh
as a file, when "rm -rf" could just be presented on the console for
the admin to execute by cut-and-paste.

Christoph
--
Senior Berater, Tel.: +49 (0)21 61 / 46 43-187
credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080, USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209