Re: 9.5 CF1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: 9.5 CF1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:

> I find it hard to believe that gmail is incapable of threading messages
> using In-Reply-To/References header fields, especially given that mail
> subjects are changed all the time in the normal course of events. But
> I'll take your word for it and reply to the original message (as I've
> always done) without changing the Subject for any reviews I post.

They do it -- I experimented with it awhile ago.  Gmail threads emails
perfectly well, but it seems they break threads on purpose when the
subject changes.  Apparently, more people is used to starting a new
thread by replying to an existing email and changing to a new subject,
than people "tweak" subjects by adding tags and such.