Re: Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github
Date
Re: Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-odbc
Alvaro,

* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> 1. psqlodbc.postgresql.org which would be its own VM running lighttpd
> and serving the static files you have in the psqlodbc-www.git repo.

For my 2c- I do *not* want a dedicated VM for this.  If we go this way,
that VM would be for all small projects like this which have static
webpages, ala the developer webpages and git.postgresql.org.  That VM
wouldn't be the same one that the main site is on, but it also wouldn't
be dedicated to serving the 20-or-so static files that make up the ODBC
website.

> 2. www.postgresql.org/psqlodbc which would go through Varnish and
> whatnot.  While this means we don't need a separate VM, but on the other
> hand I think it will be harder to integrate getting the files from the
> git repo and configured correctly in the vhost, etc.

Updates would also need to go through the -www team if it was integrated
as part of the main site.  There are pros and cons for each option.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment