BUG #10223: Linking postgresql 64 bit to sql server 64 bit - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From soobia.arshad@tranchulas.com
Subject BUG #10223: Linking postgresql 64 bit to sql server 64 bit
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      10223
Logged by:          Soobia Arshad
Email address:      soobia.arshad@tranchulas.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.19
Operating system:   linux

I am maintaining postgresql database in linux 64 bit machine and sql server
2012 on windows 64 bit. I wanted to create a linked server in sqlMS for
which i installed ODBC driver in windows. When i use
C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe then test connection is successful but
sqlMS gives me architecture mismatch error. and when i used
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe then postgresql is not listed in its driver
list under system DNS tab so i am unable to set up a DNS source. Where am i
going wrong? how can i link a 64bit postgreql to 64bit sql server?