Re: Trouble installing Slony 2.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alberto Cabello Sánchez
Subject Re: Trouble installing Slony 2.0
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:07:09 +0000
Samir Parikh <SParikh@CarCharging.com> wrote:

> Thanks Alberto.  I could figure out that and install the software successfully.
> Is there any nice document you can suggest for configuring slony (set up
> replication, sets,nodes etc...).

Hi, Samir.

There are many. You should begin with the official docs, esp. chapters 1, 2 and 3:
http://slony.info/documentation/2.0/index.html

When you are familiar with the terminology you can check some recipes elsewhere
to get an outlook of the tasks involved:

http://raghavt.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/simple-slony-i-replication-setup.html
http://www.howtoforge.com/configuring-slony-i-cascading-replication-on-postgresql-8.3

But Slony-I documentation is still the best resource.

--
Alberto Cabello Sánchez
<alberto@unex.es>