Re: BUG #9478: Greenplum External Table definitions - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #9478: Greenplum External Table definitions
Date
Re: BUG #9478: Greenplum External Table definitions  (Michael Gerstein <mgerstein@gopivotal.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 09:05:12PM -0400, Michael Gerstein wrote:
> It is not  a Greenplum bug, because the query is working fine in Greenplum and
> returns proper values. Besides, the version 1.10.5 works correctly.
> This functionality was broken after the version of 1.10.5 in pgAdmin

Well, I am not sure how I was supposed to guess that pgadmin was
involved here.   I suggest you report it to them then.

> Michael Gerstein | Architect
>
> Pivotal | www.GoPivotal.com
>
> m: +1.732.768.9891 | e: mgerstein@gopivotal.com
>

> On Mar 18, 2014, at 9:00 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>

>     On Fri, Mar  7, 2014 at 09:07:10PM +0000, mgerstein@gopivotal.com wrote:
>
>         The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
>         Bug reference:      9478
>         Logged by:          Michael Gerstein
>         Email address:      mgerstein@gopivotal.com
>         PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
>         Operating system:   Linux
>
>         "PostgreSQL 8.2.15 (Greenplum Database 4.3.0.0 build 3) on
>         x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.4.2 compiled on
>         Nov 23
>         2013 01:22:06"
>
>         After the version 1.10.5 external table definition is broken for
>         Greenplum
>         database.
>         While the query properly returns the datatypes for the columns (checked
>         in
>         Greenplum), the types are not shown in the table definition. Since Ext.
>         table definition is in separate file in the souce, I guess, there is
>         the bug
>         somewhere there, which omits column types.
>

>     This is a Greenplum bug, rather than a Postgres one.  I suggest you
>     contact Greenplum.
>
>     --
>      Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
>      EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com