Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged"
Date
Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged"  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: GSoC proposal - "make an unlogged table logged"  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
> <fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is the TODO item "make an unlogged table logged" [1] a good GSoC project?
>
> I'm pretty sure we found some problems in that design that we couldn't
> figure out how to solve.  I don't have a pointer to the relevant
> -hackers discussion off-hand, but I think there was one.

ISTR the discussion going something along the lines of "we'd have to WAL
log the entire table to do that, and if we have to do that, what's the
point?".
Thanks,
    Stephen