Re: Moving data from M$ JetDB file to Postgres on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: Moving data from M$ JetDB file to Postgres on Linux
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 16:03:39 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> >  And, I discovered 'jet-tool' on code.google.com. That'll do the job, I
> > believe.
>
>    Well, it won't work: it's a M$ .exe file and the source is apparently in
> some M$-type of Pascal.

I've had success with mdbtools, but on older version of Jet database files and small files. I've haven't tested it on
Access2007+.

I understand you run linux, but if you can get hold of a Windows machine with Access on it, or find someone who does,
youcan always export to text and use that. You can use recent versions of the software to open older files usually.

Perl's DBI.pm is also handy to extract data, on a Windows machine with the proper drivers.

--
http://libremen.com
Gestión de litigios y de expedientes de seguros de siniestros para el servicio jurídico