Re: HBA files w/include support? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: HBA files w/include support?
Date
Re: HBA files w/include support?  (Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> In an ideal world we would have a tool where you could plug in a
> username, database, IP address, and test pg_hba.conf file and it would
> report what line is matched.

That's not a bad idea, but we don't expose the logic that figures that
out today..  It would, perhaps, not be horrible to duplicate it, but
then we'd need to make sure that we update both places if it ever
changes (not that it's changed much in oh-so-many-years).  Perhaps
another candidate to be a GSoC project.
Thanks,
    Stephen