Re: HBA files w/include support? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: HBA files w/include support?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 08:24:27PM -0600, Jerry Sievers wrote:
> > Greetings Hackers.
> >
> > I'm aware of how a pg_hba.conf file can refer to other files for
> > including @lists of users, etc.
> >
> > But there is currently no support for being able to pull in entire file
> > segments as can be done for postgresql.conf via the include directive.

> I have never heard of anyone request this.

On the contrary, I have vague memories that this has been discussed and
agreed upon; we have just never implemented it.

One issue with this is that pg_hba.conf is order sensitive, which could
become a trap for the unwary if includes are used carelessly.