Re: [BUG] Archive recovery failure on 9.3+. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: [BUG] Archive recovery failure on 9.3+.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Heikki Linnakangas 2014-02-13 <52FCCA40.3060908@vmware.com>
> I was testing this with streaming replication; 9.1 and 9.2 behave
> the same in that scenario. But they differ when doing archive
> recovery.
>
> Is this an argument for back-patching the "don't archive last
> segment from old timeline" patch to 9.2 and 9.3, but leaving 9.1
> alone? You have the same problem with 9.1 and streaming replication,
> but no-one's complained..

I can't say what would be better from a technical viewpoint. For me,
this is literally an academic problem people run into when they try
replication during the PostgreSQL course, using the archive_command
example from postgresql.conf. I guess if no one else has complained
yet, there's no reason to touch the back branches.

Is removing the "test ! -f" part and hence overwriting files in the
archive safe, i.e. are the files the same?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Christoph Berg
--
Senior Berater, Tel.: +49 (0)21 61 / 46 43-187
credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080, USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209