Re: Changeset Extraction v7.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Changeset Extraction v7.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-02-07 20:58:14 +0000, Thom Brown wrote:
> On 7 February 2014 19:35, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > 0004: wal_decoding: Documentation for replication slots and changeset extraction
>
> The usage of pg_create_decoding_replication_slot does show the "(1 row)" line.
>
> The output of "SELECT * FROM pg_replication_slots;" is out-of-date.

Thanks, refreshed.

> There appears to be a column named "slot_name" and "slottype".  Could
> one of these have or not have the underscore for consistency?

That's luckily already fixed...

> The example also shows output from pg_decoding_slot_get_changes after
> inserting 2 rows, but when I run the same example, there are no rows
> returned:

> And running the transaction with inserts again, there's no output from
> that same function command.  I always get an output from isolated
> INSERT statements.  I should point out that in my .psqlrc file I have
> "\set ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK".  If I use psql -X, this symptom no longer
> occurs, so I think the automatic savepoints are interfering, and the
> effect appears to be inconsistent.

Thanks, that's a bug indeed. I have experimentally fixed the bug, not
sure whether I like the fix yet, or not.

I've already fixed two issues caused by the rebase onto
858ec11858a914d4c380971985709b6d6b7dd6fc.

Is pushing to git sufficient for you, or shall I rebase and resend the
series?

Thanks!

Andres Freund

Services