Re: updated emacs configuration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: updated emacs configuration
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund wrote:

> What I haven't seen in any tool yet is something to resemble our
> indentation style for variable declarations. Do we feel that's a
> dealbreaker for any tool?

I find our style more aesthetically pleasing than any other I've seen;
but anyway the changes if we used a tool that formatted them differently
would cause way too much havoc to even be considered, IMO.

You know what I wouldn't mind losing?  The indentation of our
switch/case blocks.  It wastes too much valuable space at the left.
But then there are ~1000 uses of it in the tree so perhaps it'd be too
much trouble as well.