Re: pgsql: Check dup2() results in syslogger - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pgsql: Check dup2() results in syslogger
Date
List pgsql-committers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> >> In short, this patch was ill considered.  Please revert.  If we need
> >> to silence a Coverity complaint, perhaps a cast-to-void will do?
>
> > Sure, I'll adjust it accordingly.
>
> Feel free to improve the comment if you think it could be clearer.

I hemmed and hawed over it and tried to improve it but I'm not convinced
that I did.  Still, I went ahead and at least got the revert committed.
If anyone feels the comment change hurts more than helps, let me know.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment