Re: [Lsf-pc] Re: Linux kernel impact on PostgreSQL performance (summary v2 2014-1-17) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mel Gorman
Subject Re: [Lsf-pc] Re: Linux kernel impact on PostgreSQL performance (summary v2 2014-1-17)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 11:01:15AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Mel,

Hi,

> So we have a few interested parties.  What do we need to do to set up
> the Collab session?

This is great and thanks!

There are two summits of interest here -- LSF/MM which will have all the
filesystem, storage and memory managemnet people at it on March 24-25th
and Collaboration Summit which is on March 26-28th. We're interested in
both.

The LSF/MM committe are going through the first round of topic proposals at
the moment and we're aiming to send out the first set of invites soon. We're
hoping to invite two PostgreSQL people to LSF/MM itself for the dedicated
topic and your feedback on other topics and how they may help or hinder
PostgreSQL would be welcomed.

As LSF/MM is a relatively closed forum I'll be looking into having a
follow-up discussion at Collaboration Summit that is open to a wider and
more dedicated group. That hopefully will result in a small number of
concrete proposals that can be turned into patches over time.

--
Mel Gorman
SUSE Labs