Re: postgres for disconnected environment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: postgres for disconnected environment
Date
List pgsql-general
Joey Quinn escribió:
> Most of the installations I have seen reach out to the Internet during the
> process. How hard is it to build a Postgres installation in a completely
> isolated environment? I have an internal network with not Internet
> connectivity that I would like to set up Postgres on.

There's no reason for the install process to connect to the internet.
If you have the source tarball and all the compile tools, or if you have
all the necessary binary packages, then you should have no trouble
setting it up at all.