Re: stats for network traffic WIP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: stats for network traffic WIP
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 03:41:24PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On the other hand, there's not much value in adding monitoring
> features that are going to materially harm performance, and a lot of
> the monitoring features that get proposed die on the vine for exactly
> that reason.  I think the root of the problem is that our stats
> infrastructure is a streaming pile of crap.  A number of people have

"streaming"?  I can't imagine what that looks like.  ;-)

I think the larger point is that network is only one of many things we
need to address, so this needs a holistic approach that looks at all
needs and creates infrastructure to address it.
http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +