Re: Current query of the PL/pgsql procedure. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Current query of the PL/pgsql procedure.
Date
Re: Current query of the PL/pgsql procedure.
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 04:18:18PM +0000, Yuri Levinsky wrote:
> Dear ALL,
> I am running PL/pgsql procedure with sql statements that taking a long
> time. I able to see them in the log just after their completion. How
> can I see currently running SQL statement?  I am able to see in
> pg_stat_activity only my call to function. Many thanks in advance.

pg_stat_activity and pg logs, can't see what your function does
internally.

What you can do, though, is to add some "RAISE LOG" to the function, so
that it will log its progress.

Check this for example:
http://www.depesz.com/2010/03/18/profiling-stored-proceduresfunctions/

Best regards,