Re: Mismatched pg_class.reltuples between table and primary key - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Mismatched pg_class.reltuples between table and primary key
Date
List pgsql-general
bricklen escribió:
> We recently experienced a hard crash of a dev server due to lack of
> resources (we think, still investigating).
> That resulted in an interesting scenario where one of the tables was
> returning 12 rows from "select * from tbl", but "select * from tbl order by
> <pk column>" was only returning 11.
> Looking at pg_class.reltuples, it could be clearly seen that the table in
> question had a value of 12, but the primary key had only 11.

This sounds very similar to what was reported in
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20131126123244.GI23284@alap2.anarazel.de

In short, you probably want to make sure to upgrade to this week's
release.