Re: Incomplete freezing when truncating a relation during vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Incomplete freezing when truncating a relation during vacuum
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013-11-30 11:18:09 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Indeed.  We already said that this release was being done *now* because
> of the replication bug, and I see no reason to change that.

FWIW, I think the two other data corrupting bugs, "incomplete freezing
due to truncation" (all branches) and freezing overall (in 9.3), are at
least as bad because they take effect on the primary.
Not saying that because of my involvement, but because I think they need
to be presented at least as prominent in the release notes.
They bugs themselves are all fixed in the relevant branches, but I do
think we need to talk about about how to detect and fix possible
corruption.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services