Re: Re: Suggestion: Issue warning when calling SET TRANSACTION outside transaction block - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: Suggestion: Issue warning when calling SET TRANSACTION outside transaction block
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 12:27:49AM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I wish we'd just left this whole thing well enough alone.  It wasn't
> broken, and didn't need fixing.

Well, this started with a complaint that one SET command outside of a
transaction had no effect, and expanded to other SET commands and the
ABORT/notice inconsistency.

I realize the doc discussion is probably excessive, but we do regularly
get credit for our docs:
https://www.sparkfun.com/news/1316The PostgreSQL manual is a thing of quiet beauty.

I hope "quiet beauty" matches our discussion goal here.  :-)

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +