Re: dynamic shared memory: wherein I am punished for good intentions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: dynamic shared memory: wherein I am punished for good intentions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013-10-10 12:13:20 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> and on smew (Debian GNU/Linux 6.0), it
> fails with "Function not implemented", which according to a forum
> post[1] I found probably indicates that /dev/shm doesn't mount a tmpfs
> on that box.

It would be nice to get confirmed what the reason for that is - afaik
debian has mounted /dev/shm for ages. The most likely issue I can see is
an incorrectly setup chroot.
If it's just that I wouldn't be too concerned about it. That's a
scenario that won't happen to many users and relatively easily fixed

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services