Re: Is there any way we can change the Majordomo moderation message? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Is there any way we can change the Majordomo moderation message?
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:
> WWW,
>
> > What do i have to do to either
> > - be "a member of the restrict_post groups"
>
> The message which a user who is not subscribed to a list gets when they
> post is cryptic in the extreme.  It should say something like:
>
> "Your message is being held for moderation because you are not
> subscribed to *list*.  If you want to subscribe, go <link>.  Generally,
> moderated messages are approved or rejected within a day."
>
> I raised this with Marc years ago and he was unwilling to even talk
> about changing it.  Is there a way to fix that without hacking Majordomo?

Well, we could change the template files.  Those are text, not code.
However, your text is misleading; for most lists, the rule to be allowed
to post is that you must be subscribed to *any* list, not to that
specific list.  I agree we can just add a link.