Re: Building with MinGW issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Building with MinGW issue
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 07:09:40AM +0200, Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
> On 09/27/2013 10:57 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> >Did you try the override method shown in this message?:
> >
> >http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ovpbg9.x5ovpbg9.pq9n.w333.gnus@asuka.myrkraverk.com
>
> I found it very comlicated and made things worst (I got ton of errors)!!!
>
> BTW, I wonder why Postgresql guys doesn't care about open source
> compilers like other projects; they're part of open source community
> why they support commercial compilers and drop the open source!!!

Umm, this *is* on a proprietry platform. The problem is that if it
isn't tested much then people don't find the problems...  We try to
support as many platforms as possible, but are limited by what people
actually use.

And in this case it's not the compiler that's the problem but the
system libraries, which are different from every other platform.

Have a nice day,
> not attach much importance to his own thoughts.
   -- Arthur Schopenhauer

Attachment