Re: Freezing without write I/O - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Freezing without write I/O
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Heikki,

On 2013-08-27 18:56:15 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Here's an updated patch. The race conditions I mentioned above have been
> fixed.

Thanks for posting the new version!

I have a quick question: The reason I'd asked about the status of the
patch was that I was thinking about the state of the "forensic freezing"
patch. After a quick look at your proposal, we still need to freeze in
some situations (old & new data on the same page basically), so I'd say
it still makes sense to apply the forensic freezing patch, right?

Differing Opinions?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services