Re: split postmaster's checkDataDir to src/common - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: split postmaster's checkDataDir to src/common
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> What exactly is the argument for pushing this into 9.3?  Since we
> are past rc1, we should treat that branch as released.  If you wouldn't
> back-patch into all supported branches, you shouldn't be patching 9.3
> either.

This is to fix the stats_temp_directory issue that the directory is too
public.  We had agreed that it wasn't a problem before 9.3, but it is in
that branch because we changed the code to write so many files now
instead of just one.

If there's agreement to tighten the permission check in HEAD only, then
I will only commit to that branch.  But it seems a bit odd to me
postpone the tightening.