Re: Replication delay - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Replication delay
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 5:51 AM, ascot.moss@gmail.com
> <ascot.moss@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a pair of PG servers, a master and a replica, all read-write queries are handled by the master, read-only
onesare by the replica.

>> From time to time the replica itself is too busy, all read-only queries will get  inconsistent results because of
replicationlag,  sometimes it can be longer than 6 minutes.  I am thinking to add multiple replicas to off-load
read-onlyqueries, can you please suggest a way to monitor and failover the read-only query when the replication lag in
areplica is more than 5 minutes?
> I assume that you could use pgpool for that. It has some monitoring
> features for replication delay and it can do read-only load balancing
> among several servers. You also shouldn't need to change your
> application.
> Have a look at its documentation to make an opinion:
> http://pgpool.projects.pgfoundry.org/pgpool-II/doc/pgpool-en.html

The url above is obsoleted. Please visit:

http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan