Re: Google Doc Camp - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Google Doc Camp
Date
List pgsql-docs
+1 for PostgreSQL tutorials that actually tutor.  Is it worth trying
to do a baseline general one first, or going directly to separate ones
for DBAs, app & DB developers, etc.?

Cheers,
David.
On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 06:45:49PM -0700, Craig Kerstiens wrote:
> Count me as both intrigued and interest.
>
> Josh and others may know my feelings… The Postgres tutorial needs to be entirely blown up. There's a great set of
referencedocs, but in terms of getting started its quite painful. I suspect with some information on what people are
payingto in the existing docs, as well as various resources such as postgresguide.com (http://postgresguide.com) we
couldcreate a tutorial that is not only helpful but helps compete quite well in the broader DBA/app dev ecosystem.

> ~ Craig
>

> On Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > http://www.flossmanuals.org/news/2013-doc-camp-call-proposals
> >
> > I think this would be a terrific opportunity for us to finally put
> > together a really comprehensive, high-quality PostgreSQL Newbie
> > Tutorial. I'd be willing to devote a couple days of my time to that,
> > and contribute some of our corporate training materials.
> >
> > However, I can only do it if 4 other people want to do it too.
> >
> > The event is October 16-18, right before the GSOC Summit; if we get
> > accepted, food & accomodations are paid for, and I can make a good case
> > to pay for any airfare costs out of community funds.
> >
> > Who's up for it?
> >
> > --
> > Josh Berkus
> > PostgreSQL Experts Inc.