Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith escribió:
> On 7/22/13 12:58 PM, Amit kapila wrote:
> >As per discussion, updated patch contains following changes:
> >1. Regression tests for Alter System are removed
> >2. Parsed the auto file automatically after parsing postgresql.conf
> >3. Removed addition of include directive in postgresql.conf
> >4. Removed error handling for parsing errors
>
> These changes have shrunk the diff down to 1411 lines of code.

Nice.

> I'd like to identify which committer might take this on at this
> point.

I'm considering take a stab at it soonish, FWIW, if no other committer
steps up.