Re: pgsql: pg_upgrade: document possible pg_hba.conf options - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql: pg_upgrade: document possible pg_hba.conf options
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 06:38:58PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I do find the "patch applied" emails helpful when I am reading email
> > threads, and I can see the patch was applied.  For me, it closes the
> > loop, and sometimes the commit message isn't clear about what patch
> > thread it closes.  In fact, when that "patch applied" message is
> > missing, I have to sometimes hunt around to see if we closed that item.
>
> +1.  It's also useful if you're later digging into the archives; you can
> more easily find the corresponding pgsql-hackers thread if the commit
> notice email is there.  Otherwise, if the commit is far apart from the
> pg-hackers discussion, it's sometimes hard to dig the thread.

Another reason supporting "patch applied" emails is that most threads
with patches include a CC with the original problem reporter, and I
can't assume that person is subscribed to committers, and I like to let
them know that their issue was resolved, and which release will contain
their fix (minor or major release).

I was actually thinking of asking committers to be more proactive about
closing out these theads with "patch applied" emails, and hopefully some
mention in the thread of whether the patch was applied to head-only or
back branches.