Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013-07-03 14:16:09 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 07/03/2013 02:03 PM, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > I won't go into details here because frankly why I have no time for reviewing a
> > patch is none of your business.
>
> Then just send an email saying "Sorry, I don't have any time for patch
> review this time.  Maybe next time".   It's pretty simple.
>
> I'm not going to apologize for expecting *committers* to participate in
> patch review and commit.

I find it absurd to expect anybody - including committers and regular
contributors - to be involved in the project all the time. It's one
thing to call somebody out who regularly commits his/her own stuff but
doesn't do CF work, something entirely different to do it to people who
didn't have time (or even chose to invest it differently!) to contribute
lately. The project does *NOT* own them.

I'd be at least as pissed as Michael seems to be if I were in his shoes.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services