Re: [PERFORM] In progress INSERT wrecks plans on table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Abhijit Menon-Sen
Subject Re: [PERFORM] In progress INSERT wrecks plans on table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(Cc: to pgsql-performance dropped, pgsql-hackers added.)

At 2013-05-06 09:14:01 +0100, simon@2ndQuadrant.com wrote:

> New version of patch attached which fixes a few bugs.

I read the patch, but only skimmed the earlier discussion about it. In
isolation, I can say that the patch applies cleanly and looks sensible
for what it does (i.e., cache pgprocno to speed up repeated calls to
TransactionIdIsInProgress(somexid)).

In that sense, it's ready for committer, but I don't know if there's a
better/more complete/etc. way to address the original problem.

-- Abhijit