Re: Type cast errors in version 9.2 while upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Type cast errors in version 9.2 while upgrade
Date
List pgsql-general
Arun P.L <arunpl@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are doing a postgresql upgrade from version 7.4.30 to 9.2. While testing the
> queries in newer version, the following error is obtained for some of the
> queries which were working fine in older version.
>

> "ERROR:  operator does not exist: character varying = integer.
>
> HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need
> to add explicit type casts."

That's a problem since 8.2 -> 8.3, now we don't have a lot of implicit casts. You
can redefine that, read:
http://petereisentraut.blogspot.de/2008/03/readding-implicit-casts-in-postgresql.html

But i think you should redesign your code ...

Andreas