Re: Planning incompatibilities for Postgres 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Planning incompatibilities for Postgres 10.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 07:58:33AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 05/28/2013 12:41 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > I'm happy with that.
> >
> > I was also thinking about collecting changes not related just to disk
> > format, if any exist.
> Any wire protocol or syntax changes?
>
> I can't seem to find a "things we want to do in wire protocol v4" doc in
> the wiki but I know I've seen occasional discussion of things that can't
> be done without protocol changes. Anyone with a better memory than me
> able to pitch in?

Sure, it is on the TODO list:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#.2Fcontrib.2Fpg_upgrade

I can only get a link to pg_upgrade from there, so look two sections
below that for "Wire Protocol Changes".

http://enterprisedb.com