Re: Success stories of PostgreSQL implementations in different companies - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wolfgang Keller
Subject Re: Success stories of PostgreSQL implementations in different companies
Date
List pgsql-general
> Even with that, some clients are being encouraged to change to
> PostgreSQL to lower their companies costs in technologies, but very
> often they ask if there are success stories of PostgreSQL
> implementations in companies in our region or around the world,
> success stories (if is possible) with some information like number of
> concurrent users, some hardware specs or storage size.

Not a company, but a pretty "big" installation, I guess: French Caisse
Nationale des Allocations Familiales (welfare agency) is running on
PostgreSQL:

123 local offices all over France
11 million families and 30 million people as "customers"
69 bio EUR annual turnover
168 databases, 4TB all databases together, largest database is 250 GB
1 bio SQL statements a day

Sincerely,

Wolfgang