Re: Planning incompatibilities for Postgres 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Planning incompatibilities for Postgres 10.0
Date
Re: Planning incompatibilities for Postgres 10.0  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 09:17:50AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > That said, many discussions and ideas do get shut down, perhaps too
> > early, because of pg_upgrade considerations.  If we had a plan to have
> > an incompatible release in the future, those ideas and discussions might
> > be able to progress to a point where we determine it's worth it to take
> > the pain of a non-pg_upgrade-supported release.  That's a bit of a
> > stretch, in my view, but I suppose it's possible.  Even so though, I
> > would suggest that we put together a wiki page to list out those items
> > and encourage people to add to such a list; perhaps having an item on
> > that list would make discussion about it progress beyond "it breaks
> > pg_upgrade".
>
> Yes, we should be collecting things we want to do for a pg_upgrade break
> so we can see the list all in one place.

OK, I have added a section to the TODO list for this:
Desired changes that would prevent upgrades with pg_upgrade    32-bit page checksums

Are there any others?

http://enterprisedb.com