Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"  (Cédric Villemain <cedric@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 05/16/2013 10:39 AM, Cédric Villemain wrote:
> >>The core code certainly builds okay in VPATH mode, and I would agree
> >>with Dimitri that pgxs builds should as well.  But this is more of an
> >>autoconf+make feature than ours, so I'm not sure why you'd expect us
> >>to document it.
> >Extension does not support VPATH at 100% (well, pgxs.mk).
> >There is a minor hack for some REGRESS files but that's all.
>
> Right. My impression is that pgxs.mk actively works against vpath builds.

That's my experience, yes.  It would be great to get it fixed.

Then there's the outright weird stuff using ancient makefiles ..
*grumble* pg_filedump *grumble*