Re: Slicing TOAST - Mailing list pgsql-students

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Slicing TOAST
Date
List pgsql-students
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 06:34:55PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 14 May 2013 18:21, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
>
> > On 14 May 2013 08:05, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >> I'm proposing this now as a possible GSoC project:
> >
> > Unfortunately the deadline for project submissions for students was
> > 3rd May.  If this isn't worked on before next year, it can of course
> > be put forward as an idea for GSoC 2014.
>
> Having reviewed the list of project ideas, I thought I'd submit an
> alternative, in case we have difficulties.

It being past 3 May, we have two and only two actual options:

1. Make a go with what we have, with a high risk of failure for some of the projects.

2. Give up slots.

Option 1 is preferable in my mind to option 2 because it will not
impact our ability to get slots next year, or if it does, it will not
impact them as severely.

Simon,

Is there anyone in your organization who can mentor one or more of the
projects we have which doesn't currently have a mentor?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!