Re: pgdg on ubuntu raring - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: pgdg on ubuntu raring
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Fabien COELHO 2013-05-04 <alpine.DEB.2.02.1305040949410.9292@localhost6.localdomain6>

> Dear PGDG providers,
>
> I updated my home desktop to ubuntu raring.
>
> I have the following issue with the pgdg 'precise' setup:
>
> Package postgresql-common "breaks" logrotate 3.8 which is provided
> with raring, so my upgrade had to stick to logrotate 3.7.
>
> Not sure what to do about it.

Hi Fabien,

we don't really support the non-LTS Ubuntu releases yet, and this is
probably the point were we need to start thinking about a proper
solution.

As a workaround, you can use the postgresql-common and
postgresql-client-common packages shipped for the sid-pgdg
distribution which have support for logrotate 3.8 (but break 3.7).

http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/main/p/postgresql-common/postgresql-common_141.pgdg%2b1_all.deb
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/main/p/postgresql-common/postgresql-client-common_141.pgdg%2b1_all.deb

Christoph
--