Re: Documentation epub format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Documentation epub format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, May  3, 2013 at 12:05:45PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> > I don't think we should be governed by the silly behaviour of one
> > epub reader. My ereader doesn't collapse the contents into one giant
> > list. If ibooks is doing stuff badly, complain to Apple.
>
> I tend to agree.  Losing the ability to link across books is a big loss,
> and I am unclear how we would allow that for books split into files.

This article (written in 2008!) seems to say that there's enough
infrastructure in the epub format to support the linking we need:
http://frontmatters.com/2008/03/29/links-pointers-bookmarks-highlights-how-should-epub-do-it/
It refers to RFC 3987, though I'm not clear exactly how that is to be
used.

That said, I haven't tested the current epub in my reader.