Re: Installing multiple instances of Postgred on one FreeBSD server - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jim Mercer
Subject Re: Installing multiple instances of Postgred on one FreeBSD server
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 03:40:31PM -0600, Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:
> The problem, as I see it without using jails, is that the binaries are going to be installed in the same location as
the9.0 - unless I am not seeing something properly.

you can probably set destdir or something in ports to point at /usr/local2 or something, but you will need to be
carefulthat the configs done conflict for listen ip, port and sockets.

the jail solution is quite clean, and allows for a straight up ports install/config.

sorry for the lack of formatting, using tiny keyboard.

--jim

postgresql.confand have it point to another folder (default is /tmp) to have more than 1 instance listen on port 5432.
Ofcourse you need to add an alias IP for each instance and add that IP on your postgresql.conf "listen_addresses".