Re: pg_stop_backup running for 2h10m? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: pg_stop_backup running for 2h10m?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 03:08:52PM -0400, François Beausoleil wrote:
> I used omnipitr to launch a base backup, but I fumbled a couple of
> things, so I Ctrl+C'd *once* the console where I had
> omnipitr-backup-master running. omnipitr-backup-master correctly
> launched pg_stop_backup, but pg_stop_backup has been active for 2h10
> minutes, as reported by pg_stat_activity.

Most likely your archive_command is not doing its job. Why - hard to
tell without knowing more about the setup, but that's the direction you
should be looking in.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/