Re: Stalled news about ora2pg 11 on pg.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Stalled news about ora2pg 11 on pg.org
Date
List pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> The delay is called "volunteer moderators who have day jobs".

> >> Who is going to do this strictly time-limited approving?
> >
> > So it auto-approves after 72 hours?  I found this proposal vague.
>
> If anything automatic were to happen after 72 hours, the reasonable
> thing would be a rejection.

... but that's not more helpful than not doing anything, because then
the submitter needs to submit again.  This creates a busy loop on which
submitter needs to watch status of his submitted news until it gets
approved.

I think the idea behind 72-hour auto-approve is that if it's obvious
spam someone will quickly reject it, and if it's not spam then it's not
worth rejecting.  I don't think this is very palatable either.