Re: Updating Sourceforge - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Updating Sourceforge
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:00:18PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > The problem is this comes up every few years, someone says it is
> > important and should be done, then repeat.  I have no faith this will
> > change.
>
> There was some mention upthread of the possibility of automating the
> updates.  If we could do that, it'd be worth doing.  I agree that
> expecting manual updates to get done meets the classic definition of
> insanity.

OK, seems it is not as bad as I thought.  The project 'pgsql' is indeed
in as pathetic shape as we said:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsql/

What _is_ interesting is that the Sourceforce editors created their own
PostgreSQL project page:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/postgresql.mirror/

that is being updated --- I see 9.2.4 updated on 2013-04-04, which was
our release date, and I even see download stats from that date forward.

What I did just now was to mark 'pgsql' as moved to 'postgresql.mirror';
unfortunately the text is not clickable.  FYI, I only knew about 'pgsql'
because I received email from them because I am an admin.

http://enterprisedb.com