Re: postgresql command line exploit found in the wild - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: postgresql command line exploit found in the wild
Date
List pgsql-general
Re: Daniel Verite 2013-04-08 <cd81d201-e9fa-4567-ac49-e3e762935747@mm>
>     Merlin Moncure wrote:
>
> > if you have an internet facing database, patch it immediately!
>
> By the way:
>
> People running 9.1 on debian stable (squeeze) typically use this package:
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze-backports/postgresql-9.1
>
> Currently, it looks like the fix is only available in pre-compiled form for
> the amd64 architecture (see the bottom of the page). All other archs
> including the popular i386 are stuck at version: 9.1.7-1~bpo60+1

This is just packages.debian.org lagging behind. The packages were
available on Thursday. (Excluding i386/armel.) Look at the timestamps
on http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports/pool/main/p/postgresql-9.1/ .

> I find it problematic. One can always switch to the new apt.postgresql.org
> repository that has the latest versions, but how many people are going to not
> even notice the problem, trusting their normal upgrade path?

I'm poking the backports people to throw more resources on building
packages there.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/