Re: Money casting too liberal? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: Money casting too liberal?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:04:21 +1100
Gavan Schneider <pg-gts@snkmail.com> wrote:
> No MONEY column would be complete without the ability to specify
> whether it is normally DEBIT or CREDIT (or in my preferred case

That seems extreme.  What use case would there ever be for making a
column always debit or always credit?  I have a G/L system and most
money columns either don't know about Dr/Cr or else there is another
column with the G/L account which implies Dr/Cr.  Where do you see a
column that would be dedicated to one or the other?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.