Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila escribió:
> On Friday, March 22, 2013 8:57 AM Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Amit Kapila escribió:

> > > I think adding new syntax change is little scary for me, not for
> > > the matter of implementation but for building consensus on syntax.
> >
> > I cannot but agree on that point.
>
> Sorry, I don't get your point.
> Do you mean to say that you don't agree with me and want new syntax as
> proposed by you to be implemented?

On the contrary, I was saying I agree with you on the difficulty on
getting consensus on this.

I don't know where I learned this phrase or even if it's in common
usage.  After a not-so-quick search I see it explained here:
http://www.perfectyourenglish.com/usage/but.htm