Re: [DOCS] Contrib module "xml2" status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [DOCS] Contrib module "xml2" status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 08:25:31AM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> > The point is we can
> > remove the module when someone fixes and replaces the functionality that's
> > left in there that some people rely on. So far nobody has stepped up to the
> > plate, although now that we have lateral a sane replacement for xpath_table
> > might well be a lot easier to achieve.  If someone is interested in working
> > on this I'd be happy to hear about it. Maybe it would be a good Google SOC
> > project.
>
> It might be worth adding an explicit entry in the TODO list for removing this
> and summarising what needs to be done.
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#XML

I think this is already covered in this TODO item:

    Restructure XML and /contrib/xml2 functionality

        http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-02/msg02314.php
        http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-03/msg00017.php