Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Martin Pitt
Subject Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Hello Josh,

Josh Berkus [2013-02-26 13:12 -0800]:
> What's the reason that .10 versions of Ubuntu aren't supported?

Combinatorial explosion I would think, so space and build time issues.
Also, it's really not that important; a package built for 12.04 LTS
will run just fine on 12.10. The only thing which breaks running
binaries for older distro releases is a newer Perl version, but that
hasn't happened after a while. If/when it happens again, we will need
a build for that newer release indeed, but Christoph said that we can
do that.

Martin