Re: 9.2.3 crashes during archive recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: 9.2.3 crashes during archive recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:42:39 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote in
<51273D8F.7060609@vmware.com>
> On 15.02.2013 10:33, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> > In HA DB cluster cosists of Pacemaker and PostgreSQL, PostgreSQL
> > is stopped by 'pg_ctl stop -m i' regardless of situation.
>
> That seems like a bad idea. If nothing else, crash recovery can take a
> long time. I don't know much about Pacemaker, but wouldn't it make
> more sense to at least try fast shutdown first, falling back to
> immediate shutdown after a timeout.

I completely agree with you. But I hear that they want to
shutdown as fast as possible on failure and also don't want more
states on RA.. On the other hand he result in case of this
failure is catastrophic so this should be fixed regardless of
what pacemaker does.

regards,
--
Kyotaro Horiguchi